Motivation is important for employees in business development because it inspires and encourages people to achieve success. Moreover, in today’s economy and competitive world, especially for the knowledge and finance based companies like a debt management company, motivation is of great importance. People go to a debt management company for debt settlement programs. In dealing with debt a person loses all his confidence and motivation. Now, if he talks to a motivated person he will gain optimism and start living is life cheerfully. The business will be a successful one too.
Motivation – It helps in development of a company
Motivation can have a positive effect on the output of your business and concerns both quantity and quality of your performance. Quality which is related to efficiency increases with motivation. So, if your business relies heavily on efficiency, increase motivation among your staffs. If your employees lack the motivation to produce completed products or efficient services to meet the demand of the customers, then you may face problems.
No matter how efficient your technology and equipments may be, still your staffs are more important in running your business. Rather with the growth in importance of technology, the importance of employees has increased too.
Advantages of motivating your staff
Some of the advantages of motivating your staff are:
- Higher level of staff retention, thereby leading to reduction in the recruitment costs
- Increasing the levels of productivity for your company
- Increase in innovativeness and creativity
- Increase in profits
- Reputation will grow amongst your potential employees, suppliers and customers
How to motivate your staff
In order to motivate your staff and increase their efficiency:
- Provide a clear vision of what your business stands for and where you want it to see
- Communicate the values and priorities across the organization
- Make sure that the work is challenging, with variation sin the tasks
- Build work specific teams and see that the team members co-operate with each other
- Provide for high-quality training and development like encouragement to study further to achieve professional qualifications
- Try to establish a friendly and collaborative work environment – an open door culture where managers are easily approachable. Also, make sure to communicate with your employees on a regular basis as and when needed
- Incorporate flexible working practices and also maintain fairness at the workplace mainly in regards to promoting equality and diversity among the staff
- You should also ask for feedback either in person or through staff surveys, on what employees feel about their work, the support they get, and the improvements that they think will help the business
- Incorporate rewarding employees for their good work and competitive intelligence.
Employees may get more motivated to work if they perfectly understand how they are important to the organization and what their primary purpose is. Thus, providing clear vision on the organization’s purpose is important. You need to know if your employees really have a clear idea about your organization’s principles, priorities, and your company’s mission. However, not all people are motivated by the same thing. So, through the surveys try to find out the diversification among your employees. You can also introduce stress relief sessions for your employees.
All these together can work towards motivating the employees to work efficiently and thus you will be able to run a successful and profitable business. In addition, you will also have to remember that motivating your employees should start from motivating yourself first. If you love the job you are doing, you will be able to make your employees understand the importance of the work. Thus, you will be able to motivate your people and you will become a successful business leader.
About the Guest Blogger: This article is contributed by Emily Jones, an IAPDA Certified Debt Arbitrator working with Oak View Law Group.
Please feel free to comment on this topic.